Willoughby Stainless Fountains (WSF) recently read “Trail Mix: The Diverse & Transformative Power of Trails” by Recreation Management. We wanted to share some points we found interesting:
- The recently-passed Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act has allocated an estimated $11 billion dollars for trails, bike lanes, and multi-use paths to fund new projects or upgrade existing ones.
- The demand for outdoor recreation trails for walking, biking, and accessing recreation may have spiked during COVID, but it is continuing. Mayors have concluded it isn’t just a nice thing to have. It is an essential part of a community.
- The initial outlay may be offputting, but good design and materials can ultimately be more cost-saving in the end.
- When planning trails, bike lanes, and multi-use paths:
- Be sure to get input from everyone.
- Make trails as ADA-compliant as possible.
- Provide water sources for drinking, bottle-filling stations, and pet waterers.
As a leading manufacturer of outdoor plumbing fixtures—including drinking fountains, bottle fillers, dog fountains, and more—WSF completely agrees! We would also add:
- Purchase outdoor equipment made from stainless steel instead of the cheaper, more commonly offered mild steel.
- Verify the equipment can withstand high use, while also being less susceptible to abuse from the elements and vandalism.
- Save time by purchasing domestically-manufactured outdoor equipment instead of potentially waiting on customs.
Read the entire article or contact us today to learn more about our high-quality, vandal-resistant products proudly made in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA! Photo courtesy of Side A Photography, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy.